sister blog to view from the eagles nest.God,s love gives you wings to fly.and hope to get by.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

give me the north country.


Give me the north country with its wildreness beauty.with its eagles and lakes and streams shining in the sun.give me the trees that line the shores and the shady spots to stop to enjoy the view.
give me the swan,s all white and lovely that swim in the water near the cattails and bull rushes along the shore.
give me the swamps where egrets feed on silvery fish.and fly peacefully along the land or nest near the shore.
give me the red foxes in the meadow and along the tree lines.give me the birds who come in early spring to bless me when they sing.
give me the otter who sits on a log in the sun to show himself to me.give me the black and gray squirrels who run on the forest floor,and live in the holes safe in the tree,s.


Give me the eagle who watchs from the old white pine .that flys on wings so effertlessly.give me my dreams of stary nights of winter splender.with northern lights that brighten northern stary nights.
give me the north country and all its wonder.and this country girl will never wonder.give me the open beauty of a northern lake.with its surface as smooth as glass.give me the sound of wind as it whispers throught the pines.give me the ripples of creeks and streams.
give me lazy days of summer that drift into fall.with colors from Gods pallet to bless us all.give me the crisp nights and the sounds of the geese.the beauty of the forests all in their colored glory.give me the harvest of all God has given .give me the country north where I been liven.

for me its all more like heaven this north country where I am living.Lord thank you for where you placed me.for the beauty you have all around me.for the farm I grew up on.for the blessings one by one. I could never have planned it better my self.it was your plan and it has blessed me so.thank you for your love for me.and all you have given me to see.

your faithfulness is so complete I know Ill never find another friend like you.who loves me the way you do.give me the beauty of the north country for there is where you have placed me.

and some day help me find beauty in your places south.so I may enjoy them as well.but thank you for all places north the places I love most.

God bless you all have a great week.hope your weather is wonderful and you have time to enjoy it.

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Leann,

You paint a beautiful picture of North Country with your words! And the photos are beautiful as well. Our weather here has been lovely, and all the dogwoods are blooming now, decorating the woods and hillsides, and I'm in dogwood heaven!

I enjoyed your poetic post on North Country. The Lord blessed us with so much beauty, here on earth, all we have to do it is to appreciate it, enjoy it, and take care of it.

Have a nice evening, Leann.

Love and Hugs,

Renie

Leann said...

Hi renie thanks for stopping.thanks for the nice words.
God bless.

(((Hugs)))

leann

audrey` said...

Hi Leann

How are you, dear?

You've a few lovely new pics on your blog.
I love the willow =)

david santos said...

Hi, Leaan,
Really beautiful post.
I love it!
Have a nice day.

King's Daughter said...

Amen Big Sister. I am there as I read your words. This can be a prayer of my heart too. The Lord has put such a love for that land in my heart. I miss you and am thinking of you!